In the second half of October 2019 we will visit three interesting airshows in Texas. Wings over Houston and the Fort Worth Alliance show are held on 19-20 October, while the one at major training base Sheppard AFB will be 26-27 October. This will be combined with several other interesting bases in the area. The tour will last for about ten days.
In 2014 we have also organised a tour to this area in the same time of the year.
The itinerary that follows is to be considered as preliminary.
On Friday 18 October 2019 we will fly to the USA and return to the Netherlands on Monday 28 October 2019.
For now we are planning the following;
- Friday 18 October 2019; fly to Dallas
- Saturday 19 October 2019; Fort Wort Alliance Airshow
- Sunday 20 October 2019; Wings over Houston Airshow
- Monday 21 October 2019; spotting near Houston/Ellington, airshow departures
- Tuesday 22 October 2019; spotting near NAS Kingsville (T-45C), NAS Corpus Christi (T-6 and T-44) and the satellite bases
- Wednesday 23 October 2019; spotting near Laughlin AFB (T-1, T-6 en T-38)
- Thursday 24 October 2019; spotting near Randolph AFB (T-1, T-6 and T-38) and Lackland AFB (F-16 and C-5)
- Friday 25 October 2019; spotting near NAS Fort Worth/JRB Carswell (F-16, F-18, C-130, F-35 factory)
- Saturday 26 October 2019; Sheppard AFB Airshow
- Sunday 27 October 2019; museums/Fort Worth Alliance and then departure from Dallas
- Monday 28 October 2019; arrival in the Netherlands
We will apply for a base visit at some of the bases, but keep in mind that we cannot give an estimate on the possible chances of success. Underway we will pass by Waco, Bergstrom IAP, etc. where we will obviously stop as well.
Price for this tour is € 1649,- per person. This price includes:
- Flight from The Netherlands to the USA
- Flight from the USA to The Netherlands
- Hotel accommodation (middle class hotels, twin share room basis, two beds and ensuite bathroom)
- All transportation in the USA
- € 15,- contribution to GGTO
You can also book this tour without the airline tickets. In that case you will have to take care of the transportation to and from the USA. The price for the tour without airline tickets is € 1149,- per person. The single-room supplement for this tour is € 275,-.
individual travel insurance
entrance fees for museums or airshows
all personal expenditures