The next edition of the China International Aviation & Aerospace Exhibition at Zhuhai, also known as Airshow China, takes place from 6 to 11 November 2018. The event is generally good for a number of very interesting Chinese military aircraft. We intend to organise a tour to this show and combine the visit to China with a detour via Beijing and visits to, amongst others, the museum of Datangshan. We have organised a similar tour in 2012 and you can read the report of that tour here.
The itinerary that follows is to be considered as preliminary.
On Tuesday 6 November 2018 we will fly to China and return to the Netherlands on Tuesday 13 November 2018.
The plan at this moment is as follows:
- Tuesday 6 November 2018: departure from Schiphol
- Wednesday 7 November 2018: arrival Beijing, visit Datangshan museum
- Thursday 8 November 2018: visit to Beijing and continue to Zhuhai/Shenzen
- Friday 9 November 2018: Zhuhai air show
- Saturday 10 November 2018: Zhuhai air show
- Sunday 11 November 2018: Zhuhai air show
- Monday 12 November 2018: Zhuhai departures
- Tuesday 13 November 2018: return journey to the Netherlands
On Wednesday we will start in Beijing with a visit to the immense Datangshan museum. We hope to bring a short visit to the Great Wall on this day as well (unless all choose to spend more time in the museum).
On Thursday we will then spend a day enjoying the touristic side of Beijing. We will visit the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, etc. In the evening we will then fly to Shenzen/Zhuhai.
On Friday, Saturday and Sunday we will visit the show at Zhuhai. While there we will visit the outside locations as well as the show terrain itself. From the outside the sun is in a better position.
On Monday we will return for another visit to Zhuhai for the departures. After that we will start our return journey, hopefully feeling good about the tour.
Price for this tour is € 2399,- per person. This price includes:
- Flight from The Netherlands to China
- Flight from China to The Netherlands
- domestic flight in China
- Hotel accommodation (middle class hotels, twin share room basis, two beds and ensuite bathroom)
- All transportation in China
You can also book this tour without the airline tickets. In that case you will have to take care of the transportation to and from China and within China. The price for the tour without airline tickets is € 1649,- per person. You will then have to book the domestic flight yourself as well, we can do this for you if preferred, charging you the exact amount of the flight. The single-room supplement for this tour is € 200,-.
individual travel insurance
- visa charges (we can coordinate for an online visa for many countries, if you travel with us from the Netherlands)
entrance fees for museums or airshows
all personal expenditures