The 70th anniversary of the USAF will be celebrated during the air show at Joint Base Andrews during the weekend of 16 and 17 September 2017. During the same weekend the air show at NAS Oceana will be organised. The following weekend (23 and 24 September) the air show at MCAS Miramar, on the West Coast, is scheduled. We want to organise a tour, lasting about 11 days, to the United States during which we will visit all three shows. During the other days of our stay we will then visit a number of interesting bases on both the East and West Coast. This will certainly include spending a day in the approach of NAS Oceana.
We combined the shows at Oceana and Miramar during a tour in 2011 as well.
The itinerary that follows is to be considered as preliminary.
On Friday 15 September we will fly to the USA and return to the Netherlands on Monday 25 September 2017.
The plan at this moment is as follows:
- Friday 15 September 2017: fly to Washington
- Saturday 16 September 2017: visit show JB Andrews
- Sunday 17 September 2017: visit show NAS Oceana
- Monday 18 September 2017: NAS Oceana, Langley AFB from outside
- Tuesday 19 September 2017: JB Andrews and Baltimore from outside, fly to Phoenix in the evening
- Wednesday 20 September 2017: Luke AFB from outside
- Thursday 21 September 2017: Tucson area
- Friday 22 September 2017: MCAS Yuma and NAF El Centro from outside
- Saturday 23 September 2017: visit show MCAS Miramar
- Sunday 24 September 2017: visit show MCAS Miramar, fly to the Netherlands in the evening
- Monday 25 September 2017: arrival in the Netherlands
Price for this tour is € 1799,- per person. This price includes:
- Flight from The Netherlands to the USA
- Flight from the USA to The Netherlands
- Hotel accommodation (middle class hotels, twin share room basis, two beds and ensuite bathroom)
- All transportation in the USA
You can also book this tour without the airline tickets. In that case you will have to take care of the transportation to and from the USA and within the USA. The price for the tour without airline tickets is € 1239,- per person. The single-room supplement for this tour is € 250,-.
individual travel insurance
entrance fees for museums or airshows
all personal expenditures