Red Flag 18/2 will most likely take place from Nellis AFB between 12 and 23 March 2018 (and includes participation of Colombian Kfirs and UAE Mirage 2000s). We plan to organise a tour to the West Coast of the US, including this event, while it is still winter in Europe. The tour will last for about 10 days and the area around Las Vegas, Phoenix and Tucson (Davis Monthan AFB, AMARG and Tucson) offers plenty of opportunities to make the tour a very interesting one again.
The itinerary that follows is to be considered as preliminary.
On Friday 9 March we will fly to the USA and return to the Netherlands on Tuesday 20 March 2018.
The plan at this moment is as follows:
- Friday 9 March 2018: fly to Phoenix
- Saturday 10 March 2018: visit show NAF El Centro
- Sunday 11 March 2018: visit show Luke AFB
- Monday 12 March 2018: MCAS Yuma from outside
- Tuesday 13 March 2018: Nellis AFB from outside (Red Flag 2018-2)
- Wednesday 14 March 2018: Rainbow Canyon
- Thursday 15 March 2018: Nellis AFB from outside (Red Flag 2018-2)
- Friday 16 March 2018: Luke AFB from outside
- Saturday 17 March 2018: visit show MCAS Yuma
- Sunday 18 March 2018: visit show Davis Monthan AFB
- Monday 19 March 2018: Tucson Intl/Davis Monthan AFB from outside, fly to the Netherlands in the evening
- Tuesday 20 March 2018: arrival in the Netherlands
Price for this tour is € 1395,- per person. This price includes:
- Flight from The Netherlands to the USA
- Flight from the USA to The Netherlands
- Hotel accommodation (middle class hotels, twin share room basis, two beds and ensuite bathroom)
- All transportation in the USA
You can also book this tour without the airline tickets. In that case you will have to take care of the transportation to and from the USA. The price for the tour without airline tickets is € 1025,- per person. The single-room supplement for this tour is € 275,-.
individual travel insurance
entrance fees for museums or airshows
all personal expenditures