Red Flag 19/2 will most likely take place from Nellis from 11 to 22 March 2019. We plan to organise a tour to the West Coast of the US, including this event, while it is still winter in Europe. The tour will last for about 10 days and the area around Las Vegas, Phoenix and Tucson (Davis Monthan AFB, AMARG and Tucson) offers plenty of opportunities to make the tour a very interesting one again.
We offer 3 versions of the tour; ‘week 1’, ‘week 2’ and ‘week 1+2’. Details below.
The itineraries that follow are to be considered as preliminary.
On Friday 8 March we will fly to the USA and return to the Netherlands on Monday 18 March 2019.
The plan at this moment is as follows:
- Friday 8 March 2019: fly to Phoenix
- Saturday 9 March 2019; visit MCAS Yuma air show
- Sunday 10 March 2019; spotting near Mesa-Williams Gateway
- Monday 11 March 2019; spotting near Tucson Intl and Davis Monthan AFB
- Tuesday 12 March 2019; spotting near Luke AFB
- Wednesday 13 and Thursday 14 March 2019; spotting near Nellis AFB
- Friday 15 March 2019; spotting in Rainbow Canyon
- Saturday 16 March 2019; visit NAF El Centro air show
- Sunday 17 March 2019; spotting near Mesa-Williams Gateway, departure to the Netherlands
- Monday 18 March 2019; arrival in the Netherlands
Price for this tour is € 1495,- per person for the tours ‘week 1’ and ‘week 2’. The tour ‘week 1+2’ will cost € 2195,-. This price includes:
- Flight from The Netherlands to the USA
- Flight from the USA to The Netherlands
- Hotel accommodation (middle class hotels, twin share room basis, two beds and ensuite bathroom)
- All transportation in the USA
- € 15,- contribution to GGTO
You can also book this tour without the airline tickets. In that case you will have to take care of the transportation to and from the USA. The price for the tour without airline tickets is € 400,- lower per person. The single-room supplement for this tour is € 295,- or € 395,- (for the tour ‘week 1+2’).
individual travel insurance
entrance fees for museums or airshows
all personal expenditures