On 27 and 28 April, Seymour Johnson AFB (North Carolina) and MCAS Beaufort (South Carolina) will host an airshow. We plan a short trip to the US East Coast and combine these with a visit to NAS Oceana (Virginia) and a few other places. So, if you want to see real air power with lots of F-15Es, F/A-18s and brand-new Marine and Navy F-35s, you will need to join this tour. We expect this tour to last a maximum of seven days.
In 2011 we have also organised a tour to this area in the same time of the year.
The itinerary that follows is to be considered as preliminary.
On Thursday 25 April 2019 we will fly to the USA and return to the Netherlands on Friday 3 May 2019.
The plan at this moment is as follows:
- Thursday 25 April 2019: fly to Atlanta
- Friday 26 April 2019: Museum of Aviation at Robins AFB and have look at Robins AFB (E-8 and ALC), 8th Air Force Museum and have a look at Savannah Intl (C-130s and lots of weekend visitors)
- Saturday 27 April 2019: MCAS Beaufort air show
- Sunday 28 April 2019: Seymour Johnson AFB air show
- Monday 29 April 2019: spotting near Seymour Johnson AFB
- Tuesday 30 April 2019: spotting near NAS Oceana NAS Norfolk and NALF Fentress
- Wednesday 1 May 2019: spotting near NAS Oceana NAS Norfolk and NALF Fentress
- Thursday 2 May 2019: National Air & Space Museum and departure from Washington-Dulles
- Friday 3 May 2019: arrival in the Netherlands
Price for this tour is € 1645,- per person. This price includes:
- Flight from The Netherlands to the USA
- Flight from the USA to The Netherlands
- Hotel accommodation (middle class hotels, twin share room basis, two beds and ensuite bathroom)
- All transportation in the USA
- € 15,- contribution to GGTO
You can also book this tour without the airline tickets. In that case you will have to take care of the transportation to and from the USA. The price for the tour without airline tickets is € 895,- per person. The single-room supplement for this tour is € 275,-.
individual travel insurance
entrance fees for museums or airshows
all personal expenditures