Aviation Nation is the (almost) annual airshow at the immense Nellis AFB (Nevada). For 2019 it is scheduled for 16-17 November. We plan to make this a short trip and combine it with a couple of gems in its ‘vicinity’. Why not escape wintry Europe for sunny Las Vegas. We expect the tour to last for about 7 days.
In 2017 we have also organised a tour to this area in the same time of the year.
The itinerary that follows is to be considered as preliminary.
On Saturday 9 November we will fly to the USA and return to the Netherlands on Monday 18 November 2019.
The plan at this moment is to go to the following places during this tour;
- Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport (visiting aircraft)
- AMARG (storage many aircraft)
- Davis Monthan AFB (A-10, HC-130, HH-60)
- Tucson International (F-16)
- Luke AFB (F-16, F-35)
- MCAS Yuma (F-35, AV-8B)
- NAF El Centro (detachments)
- Nellis AFB airshow (Saturday 16 November and Sunday 17 November in the morning)