In 2019 we will go to Thailand for the 3rd time for the Children’s Day. On this second Saturday of January, children are put extra in the spotlight. That is interesting for us because many government agencies, including the armed forces, open up their ‘office’. This allows us to visit different Air and Army bases. We will also visit a number of other airports, museums and collections, including the famous Tango squadron on Chiang Mai, to complete the journey. All in all, this gives us a very good impression of the considerable variation of the Thai forces, past and present.
The itinerary that follows is to be considered as preliminary.
On Saturday 5 January we will fly to Thailand and return to the Netherlands on Sunday 13 January 2019.
The plan at this moment is as follows:
- Saturday 5 January 2019; fly to Bangkok
- Sunday 6 January 2019; Arrive Bangkok and visit large air force museum at Don Mueang
- Monday 7 January 2019; Spotting at Kamphaeng Saen, this is the training field of the Thai Air Force and operating many CT-4s, DA-42s and PC-9s
- Tuesday 8 January 2019; fly to Chiang Mai and visit Tango Squadron (or 9 January), further spotting at the active airport with based L-39s
- Wednesday 9 January 2019; Spotting at Chiang Mai and return to Bangkok
- Thursday 10 January 2019; On this day usually the dress rehearsal takes place for the events on Saturday at Don Mueang. Here we are going to take a look, furthermore we visit a number of other nice locations in the city
- Friday 11 January 2019; Aviation-related there is a lot to see in Bangkok and surroundings, today we continue with our exploration of this
- Saturday 12 January 2019; Today is the big day and we visit a number of military fields for the open days. In 2018 we visited Don Mueang and two airfields in Lop Buri. When information is available we will find out whether it will be the same airports this year
- Sunday 13 January 2019; fly back to the Netherlands
Price for this tour is € 1599,- per person. This price includes:
- Flight from The Netherlands to Thailand
- Flight from Thailand to The Netherlands
- The domestic flight in Thailand
- Hotel accommodation (middle class hotels, twin share room basis, two beds and ensuite bathroom)
- All transportation in Thailand
- € 15,- contribution to GGTO
You can also book this tour without the airline tickets. In that case you will have to take care of the transportation to and from Thailand (the domestic flight is included though). The price for the tour without airline tickets is € 1049,- per person. The single-room supplement for this tour is € 200,-.
individual travel insurance
entrance fees for museums or airshows
all personal expenditures