We have received good news! For the first time since 2016, the Turkish Air Force is once again organising spotters days for the beautiful Anatolian Eagle exercise at Konya airbase. And of course we are there.
Participants are (status at the end of May 2019):
Italy – 3x AMX
Jordan – 3x F-16
NATO – 1x E-3
Pakistan – 6x JF17
Qatar – 1x C-17, 1x C-130
Turkey – C-130, KC-135, E-7, F-4, F-16, CN235 and AS532 (many aircraft)
United States – 6x F-15E
The spotter days will take place on Tuesday 25 and Wednesday 26 June 2019. As the tour is only in a few weeks, we will offer this trip only on a “Land-Only” basis. That means you have to buy your own ticket. But of course, we can offer support with that.
If you sign up for this tour you will receive a form that you must complete and send to the Military Attache of the Turkish embassy of your own country. Without this form you will not be admitted to the base. We have asked about the email addresses for non-Dutch embassies.
The itinerary that follows is to be considered as preliminary.
The plan at this moment is as follows:
- Monday 24 June 2019: arrive in Konya
- Tuesday 25 June 2019: visit Anatolian Eagle at Konya Airbase
- Wednesday 26 June 2019: visit Anatolian Eagle at Konya Airbase
- Thursday 27 June 2019: return home
Price for this tour is € 225,- per person. This price includes:
- Hotel accommodation for three nights (middle class hotel, twin share room basis, two beds and ensuite bathroom)
- 2x transportation hotel – Konya Airbase vv
- € 15,- contribution to GGTO
The single-room supplement for this tour is € 55,-.
individual travel insurance
entrance fees for museums or airshows
all meals (breakfast is included with the hotel)
all personal expenditure
- Visa. This can be easily requested online and costs around € 20,-. (https://www.evisa.gov.tr)