Airshows at largest East Coast US Navy fighter base, NAS Oceana, on 16/17 September and the well known West Coast US Marine Corps base, USMC Miramar, on 23/24 September combined with a couple of other visits to a variety of bases on the east and west coast is a good starting point for a trip of about ten days to the United States.
At NAS Oceana you can encounter over a dozen squadrons with the Super Hornet and MCAS Miramar host a variety of units, amongst them the slowly disappearing massive CH-53E helicopter, the unique MV-22 Osprey, the last USMC legacy Hornets but also a squadron of brand new F-35C Lightning IIs and the transport/fuel provider of the Marines, the KC-130J.
For existing customers:
The itinerary that follows is to be considered as preliminary.
We will fly to Washington on Friday 15 September and return to the Netherlands on Monday 25 September 2023.
The plan at this moment is as follows:
- Friday 15 September 2023: fly to Washington
- Saturday 16 September 2023: visit show NAS Oceana
- Sunday 17 September 2023: visit show NAS Oceana
- Monday 18 September 2023: NAS Norfolk, Langley AFB from outside
- Tuesday 19 September 2023: Seymour Johnson AFB from outside, fly to Phoenix in the evening
- Wednesday 20 September 2023: Luke AFB from outside
- Thursday 21 September 2023: MCAS Yuma from outside
- Friday 22 September 2023: NAS North Island from outside
- Saturday 23 September 2023: visit show MCAS Miramar
- Sunday 24 September 2023: fly to the Netherlands
- Monday 25 September 2023: arrival in the Netherlands
Price for this tour is € 2499,- per person. This price includes:
- Flight from The Netherlands to the USA
- Flight from the USA to The Netherlands
- Hotel accommodation (middle class hotels, twin share room basis, two beds and ensuite bathroom)
- All transportation in the USA
- € 9,- contribution to GGTO
You can also book this tour without the airline tickets. In that case you will have to take care of the transportation to and from the USA and within the USA. The price for the tour without airline tickets is € 1849,- per person. The single-room supplement for this tour is € 435,-.
individual travel insurance
entrance fees for museums or airshows
all personal expenditures