Red Flag 20/2 will almost certainly take place from Nellis from 9 to 20 March 2020. We plan to organise a tour to the West Coast of the US, including this event, while it is still winter in Europe. The tour will last for about 10 days and the area around Las Vegas, Phoenix and Tucson (Davis Monthan AFB, AMARG and Tucson) offers plenty of opportunities to make the tour a very interesting one again.
The itinerary that follows is to be considered as preliminary.
On Thursday 12 March 2020 we will fly to the USA and return to the Netherlands on Monday 23 March 2020.
The plan at this moment is as follows:
- Thursday 12 March; fly to San Diego
- Friday 13 March; spotting near NAF El Centro, airshow arrivals/rehearsal and then night show at MCAS Yuma
- Saturday 14 March; MCAS Yuma Airshow
- Sunday 15 March; spotting near AMARG / Pima and possibly Mesa-Williams Gateway
- Monday 16 March; spotting near Tucson Intl and Davis Monthan AFB
- Tuesday 17 March; spotting near Luke AFB
- Wednesday 18 March; spotting near Nellis AFB
- Thursday 19 March; spotting near Nellis AFB (unless low level flying in Rainbow Canyon is scheduled again, in that case we will go there)
- Friday 20 March; spotting near Nellis AFB
- Saturday 21 March; Luke AFB Airshow
- Sunday 22 March; spotting near Mesa-Williams Gateway and then departure from Phoenix
- Monday 23 March; arrival in the Netherlands
Price for this tour is € 1679,- per person. This price includes:
- Flight from The Netherlands to the USA
- Flight from the USA to The Netherlands
- Hotel accommodation (middle class hotels, twin share room basis, two beds and ensuite bathroom)
- All transportation in the USA
- € 15,- contribution to GGTO
You can also book this tour without the airline tickets. In that case you will have to take care of the transportation to and from the USA. The price for the tour without airline tickets is € 1149,- per person. The single-room supplement for this tour is € 295,-.
individual travel insurance
entrance fees for museums or airshows
all personal expenditures